Our environmentally-friendly commitments
The Ecolodge campsite « les Cigales » will share its numerous actions for sustainable development, aiming at minimizing its carbon footprint whilst promoting an authentic and respectful way of discovering the region.
- 100 % of the electricity we buy is provided by renewable energy (guaranteed origin).
- • All the rental properties, bathroom and toilet facilities and public lighting are equipped with energy-saving light bulbs.
- The electrical appliances (fridge, oven, etc...) of the lodges are all in category A or A+ and our wooden lodges are equipped with circuit breakers.
- The cleaning products we use are all certified ecological.
- We only use natural fertilizers and we weed using a thermal method.
- A part of our green waste is re-used for mulching or compost.
- We water our hedges, trees and flowerbeds with a drip watering system
- The bathroom and toilet facilities, public taps and the rental properties are all fitted with water saving devices
- We no longer print or send any paper brochures (less paper, no transport). We prefer e-mail.
- We can advise you on your outings, activities and nature trails.
- Our snack bar offers fair-trade coffee, organic wine and cordials.
- The products have been carefully chosen to generate less waste. We welcome your suggestions to improve our environmental actions.
- The campsite has a waste disposal area for recycling and compost.
- • The wooden lodges are equipped with recycling bins. We organize the collection and re-use of tourist leaflets (less paper, less ink).